I really like the taste of these Potato Chips. Salty and delicious, with the hint of black pepper, this is another addictive snack.
1/2 tsp 黑胡椒粉
1/2 tsp 鸡精粉
1 tsp 盐
1) 将所有材料及调味料加入马铃薯泥中, 用手揉成均匀的面团.
2) 将面团分割成每10克一团，然后将之 揉成球状.
4) 放进预热的烤箱, 以170度烤15-18分钟, 再将温度调低为150度烘烤5分钟.
5) 关火, 用余温闷至凉即可.
6) 也可加入海苔, 红椒粉, 芝麻或乳酪粉做变化.
Recipe adapted from : Eileen Lee
300g mash potato
100g tapioca powder
45g melted butter
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 chicken stock powder
1. Add in all ingredients and seasoning into mashed potato, mix well into a dough.
2. Cut the dough into 10g each and roll them into balls.
3. Use a rolling pin to flatten the ball into 0.3mm circle of thin dough.
4. Place the circles of dough on a baking tray, then bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15 - 18 minutes, then turn the heat down to 150°C and bake for another 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the oven but leave the chips inside until cooled.
6. You can also add seaweed, paprika, sesame or yogurt powder to enhance the flavor.
Note to self: My oven's temperature is 180°C and 160°C.
Unfortunately, the chips were not very crispy. According to my master, Eileen, this was due to my lack of skill in rolling the dough and controlling the temperature. She also mentioned that while rolling the dough, it is best to wrap it with cling wrap. That way, the dough can be easily rolled into thin slices. It also makes it easier to transfer the dough onto the baking tray.
Why not try these home-made Potato Chips as an alternative to commercial ones?
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (July Event:Potato)
Hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker)