May is the month for Mother's day.
A time to love,cherish and show your appreciation
to this wonderful woman in your life.
Here's an awesome dessert for Mother's Day:
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes!
Sweet strawberry cupcakes topped with chocolate
and decked with a chocolate covered strawberry!
A tiny yet pleasant gift to show your love to your mother.
Forever miss you ,mum!
Miss your casual and easy ,merciful,。。。。。
Recipe adapted from : Catch My Party
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 1/4 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 C Flour
- 1 3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 C Pureed Strawberries
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time. Then add the vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Add a third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
6. Add half of the pureed strawberries and mix well.
7 Add another third of the flour mixture, mix, and then add the remaining pureed strawberries. Add the remaining flour and continue beating until well mixed.
8. Using a measuring cup, pour batter into a lined or greased cupcake pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden.
9. While cupcakes are cooling, make the Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
Makes 12 chocolate covered strawberries
- 12 Fresh Strawberries
- 2 C Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Butter
1. Wash the strawberries and dry them well with a paper towel.
2. Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Once melted, stir in the butter until smooth.
3. Drizzle cupcakes with the melted chocolate, or just cover the top of the cupcake with melted chocolate.
4. Holding the stem, dip each strawberry in the remaining melted chocolate. Swirl the strawberry to remove any excess chocolate.
5. Place the chocolate covered strawberries on the cupcakes and you're done! It is best served cold.
To all mothers," Happy Mother 's day!"
I am linking this post to the Bake Along event hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, Lena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids
Bake-Along #44: Bake Along 2nd Anniversary : Celebration Cupcakes