I really liked the Coffee & Chocolate Lapis Bumi Cake I saw at MuiMui's, so I decided to make one too. After just one bite, my family approved of it too! After all, it contains egg, butter, Horlicks, kaya and so many other delicious ingredients.
食谱参考 : my little favourite DIY
1/4 杯 好力克
5个 蛋(grade A - 无壳重约55克)
4 汤匙 加耶（kaya）
1/2 杯 细砂糖
1/4 杯 炼乳
1 茶匙香草精（ vanilla paste）
1 1/2汤匙即溶咖啡粉 (nescafe) + 1茶匙可可粉,和一汤匙的热水搅拌均匀。
1。准备蒸锅，倒入足够的水，热锅。在一个7“ x 7" 的方形蒸盘铺上油纸。
7。将面糊分成3份（每份约300克）。 1份加入Nescafe混合物； 1份加入黄色素；1份加入绿色素。最后每份再分为二（150克一份）。 总共2份Nescafe，2份黄色和2份绿色）。
8。 将1的份绿色面糊倒入蒸盘，盖上一片铝纸，再盖上锅盖，蒸5- 8 分钟或表面不再粘稠。
9。 倒入黄色面糊，重复蒸煮的步骤；接下来Necafe面糊。 重复黄，绿和Nescafe面糊直到用完所有的面糊为止。
Divide batter into 3 portions（300g/portion).
Mix 1 portion with Nescafe mixture, 1 portion with yellow food coloring and 1 portion with green food coloring.
Then divide each portion into 2 parts each. (total of 6 parts; 2 Nescafe, 2 yellow and 2 green parts)
Coffee & Chocolate Lapis Bumi Cake)
Recipe adapted from : my little favourite DIY
Makes a 7x7x1 square cake
1 cup (135g) all purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup Horlick
5 eggs (grade A - without shell weight about 55g)
225g butter (i used golden churn)
4 tbsp kaya
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder (nescafe) mix with 1 tsp cocoa powder, diluted with 1 tbsp of hot water.
Some green and yellow food colouring
1. Prepare a wok or a steamer, add enough water and heat it up. Line the bottom of a 7x7 inches square cake tin.
2. Sift all purpose flour and Horlicks together, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar till light and pale.
4. Add in eggs one at a time, beating with low speed. Add in vanilla paste.
5. Beat in kaya, then condensed milk. Mix well.
6. Add in flour and mix to combine.
7. Divide batter into 3 portions; mix 1 portion with Nescafe mixture, 1 portion with yellow food coloring and 1 portion with green food coloring. Then divide each portion into 2 parts each. (total of 6 parts; 2 Nescafe, 2 yellow and 2 green parts)
8. Pour 1 part of green color batter into cake tin, loosely cover with a piece of aluminium foil(this is to prevent water condensation from the lid of the steamer from dropping onto the batter) and steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until the surface is not sticky when touched.
9. Next pour in the yellow color batter and repeat the process of steaming. Then follow with the Nescafe batter. Repeat the same green, yellow and Nescafe batter sequence again.
10. Complete with another 30 minutes of steaming to further cook the cake. Remove the cake from the steamer to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the cake tin.
11. Cool the cake before slicing.
Due to being steamed, this cake would definitely be more moist than cakes that are baked. It's 30% cocoa content and 70% pandan content makes it both delicious and beautiful!
My thanks goes out to Mui Mui. Thanks for this wonderful recipe which my family can't get enough of!
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone March 2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Traditional Kueh organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom and co-hosted by Joceline - Butter, Flour & Me.