I've always wanted to give this kuih a shot, and since Joceline is hosting the Best Recipes: Kuih event, I decided to start making it today.
The typical Kuih Tako is square shaped, but just for the fun of it, I decided to make triangular and pentagonal shaped ones too. Which one do you like?
斑兰香精 - 1茶匙
绿豆粉 - 25克
新鲜马蹄 - 3粒
（上层白色/椰奶浆）浓椰浆 - 150克
清水 - 150克
盐 - 少许
参考 ：Joceline lyn
How to make the pandan casings (square)
Taken from Joceline lyn
1. Measure the pandan leaf with a ruler and fold it every 3.5cm to make a mark.
2. Make 5 folds. At each of these folds, cut the pandan leaf halfway width wise (you can use the "backbone" of the leaf as a guideline for the midpoint).
3. At the fifth fold, cut the leaf all the way. That way, you have a pandan strip that has 5 sections.
4. Fold the casing as shown in the picture.
5. Staple the casing so that it doesn't open up.
6. If there is a hole at the bottom of the casing, cut out a small piece of pandan leaf to cover it.
yields about 30 boxes
Recipe adapted from : Wendyinkk
1tsp pandan essence
25g mung bean starch (green bean flour)
250ml pandan juice
65g castor sugar
3 water chestnuts, peeled and chopped
20g mung bean starch
150ml concentrated coconut milk
50g castor sugar
Very small pinch of salt
1. Prepare the casings and spoon some chopped water chestnuts into the casings.
2. Prepare pandan layer. Mix everything together and cook over medium low heat until it looks transparent and thick.
3. Spoon into casings, filling it halfway.
4. Prepare coconut layer. Mix everything together and cook over medium low heat until it thickens. Taste it; it should no longer taste floury.
5. Spoon over the pandan layer.
6. Allow to cool down to room temperature and it will solidify. Serve after chilling in a refrigerator for a few hours.
With the bottom layer of aromatic pandan and crunchy water chestnut, and the top layer of delicious coconut, it's a wonderful combination that is made better by having been refrigerated. A great dessert for cooling yourself down on a hot day!
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone March 2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Traditional Kueh organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom and co-hosted by Joceline - Butter, Flour & Me.
@@@@@ Enjoy ! @@@@@