With my hubby bringing back boxes of mandarin, and my house began to fill with the festive CNY mood, I also began dishing out CNY dishes and snacks.
Don't you think this Chicken Cubes with Cashew Nut and Capsicum dish really brings out the mood with it's colorful appearance?
粟米分1/2 茶匙 + 2汤匙水
Chicken Cubes with Cashew Nut and Capsicum
60g cashew nuts
300g chicken cube
20g each of red, yellow and green capsicums
2 baby corns
5 slices of ginger
1tsp rice wine
2tsp corn flour
1tsp rice wine
1tbsp oyster sauce
1/2tsp corn flour + 2tbsp water
1. First, roast the cashew nuts in an oven at 150°C for about 10 minutes. Put aside and allow to cool.
2. Mix the chicken cubes with seasoning A and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Cube the baby corns, onion, red, yellow and green capsicums.
4. Mix all the ingredients in B evenly.
5. Heat oil in a wok and saute the ginger and onion,then add in the marinated chicken cubes and saute until it changes color. Add in the baby corns and continue to saute.
6. Add in the red, yellow and green capsicums and seasonings B, saute evenly and finally add in the cashew nuts before serving.
* One thing to remember about this dish is to saute it quickly over a high flame and serve it while it's still hot so that the cashew nuts are still crunchy.
A dish that's both "good-looking" and "good-tasting", it tastes even better when freshly out of the wok and the cashew nuts are still crunchy.
@@@@@ Enjoy ! @@@@@@
Link to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.