Another easy recipe with simple ingredients, bringing the concentrated aroma of sesames to your doorstep.
This Golden Coin cookie is so named because it looks similar to the coins of olden days. Surely, receiving a bottle of rattling golden coins is enough to delight during this festive season?
(yield 96 pcs)
55g caster sugar
40g corn oil
150g cake flour
1g baking powder
1g baking soda
40g white sesame
20g black sesame
1. Mix the white and black sesames in a plate. Set aside for later use.
2. Sieve all the powder into a big bowl.
3. Mix the caster sugar, salt, milk and corn oil in a bowl using a mixer until the sugar has dissolved completely. Pour this mixture into the bowl from (2), mix evenly into a shiny ball of dough.
4. Divide the dough into small balls of about 3g each, dip the balls onto the plate with sesames, flatten them and arrange them onto a lined baking tray.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 12 minutes.
找来直径6cm x 12cm的塑料罐子，把48片的金钱饼填满，
I arranged 48 of them into 6cm x 12 cm boxes, then sealed it with red doily and golden ribbon. Can you feel the sincerity in this festive gift?
A cookie a bite, filling the mouth with its sweetness and crunchiness. Delicious!
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone Jan & Feb 2015 Event Theme: My Homemade Cookies by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Victoria Baking Into The Ether 。
Link to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.