Managed to bake this bread before NaNak entered camp. Filled with the nutrients of the pumpkin and the deliciousness of her favorite cheese, while also eligible for "LTU" event, this bun is indeed one that pleases all!
This may have been done using the straight-dough method, but thanks to the mashed pumpkin, the buns can maintain their moisture up to the next day. A bun suitable for a snack away from home.
Even when it was in the oven, the delicious aroma of the buns wafted around the entire house, making everyone's mouth water. So, it wasn't surprising when, the moment it is removed from the oven, all the buns are gone in the blink of an eye! It's just that yummy!
A 高筋面粉200克 低筋面粉60克
B 南瓜泥65克 无盐奶油20克
Pumpkin Cheese Bun
Recipe adapted from :孟老师的100道面包 （Pg,52）
A Bread flour200g cake flour 60g
caster sugar35g salt1/4tsp
instant yeast4g egg35g
B mashed pumpkin65g unsalted butter20g
C Filling：Cheddar chesse90克
D Decoration：shredded cheese50g some poppy seed
1. Mix all ingredients (A) evenly, then knead into a dough using slow speed. Add in mashed pumpkin knead with medium speed until the dough is pliable.
2. Add in the unsalted butter continuous to knead with medium speed until the dough is pliable.
3. Place the dough in a container and cover it with a cling wrap. Leave to proof for 80 minutes.
4. Dice the cheddar cheese, set aside for later use.
5. Divide the dough equally into 6 portions. Roll them into balls. Flatten them into disc shape and wrap with diced cheddar cheese. Arrange them on a tray to rest for another 30 minutes.
6. Brush the bun surface with egg-wash ,use scissor to cut a cross on it . Then scatter with some shredded cheese and poppy seed as decoration.Continue resting for 10 minutes.
7. Bake in a preheated at 190°C for 20 minutes.
If you bake it with the sealed part facing up, it'll open up a little, allowing a peek into the cheesy inside of the bun.
If you bake it with the sealed part downwards, the bun remains round and cute.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN)
hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).