I've wanted to bake this Pumpkin Pie right at the start of this Pumpkin Month, but since other pumpkin recipes were already on the list, I had to postpone baking it until now. Finally, this Pumpkin Pecan Pie has made an appearance on this blog!
Mashed pumpkin, fresh milk, egg, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder......a delicious filling, made all the more tastier by the maltose coated pecans!
盐 1/4茶匙 + 30毫升水
蛋黄 1/2 个
2。将做法（1）倒入制作好的派皮内，入烤箱以180°C烤约30 - 35分钟。用竹签测试不沾粘即可。
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Makes an 8-inch pie or 13 mini pies
Pie skin ingredients:
150g cake flour
75g unsalted butter
1/2 an egg yolk
20ml cold water
1. Cut the unsalted butter into small pieces and sieve the cake flour for later use.
2. Mix the butter and cake flour together using a spatula. As you do that, cut the butter into even smaller pieces using the spatula.
3. Use your hands to knead (2) evenly.
4. Flatten out (3), then break the egg into the middle and slowly add in the salt + cold water. Knead everything into a dough.
5. Wrap the dough with a cling wrap and store in the fridge for up to 30 minutes.
6. Press the dough into a pie tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 8 minutes or until it turns yellow.
Pie filling ingredients:
150g mashed pumpkin
1tbsp corn flour
1/8tsp cinnamon powder
1/8tsp nutmeg powder
1/4cup maltose, 1/8cup water
1. Mix the mashed pumpkin, egg, milk and powders evenly.
2. Pour (1) into the half-baked pie skin and proceed to bake in the oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
3. Boil the maltose and water in pot. Dip the pecans into the maltose mixture one by one and arrange them around the edge of the pie.
If you don't happen to have a 8 inch pie pan, you can use this recipe to make 13 mini Pumpkin Pecan Pies.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN)
hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).