This is my first time preparing roasted chicken. I got the recipe to this simple yet delicious Rosemary and Lemon Roast Chicken form Sonia's blog.
This roast chicken only needs three stuffings: sea salt, lemon zest and rosemary. A simple recipe with marvelous results!
The wonderful smell of the roasted chicken flooded the house even before the oven was opened. The chicken was smooth, juicy and filled with the fresh taste of chicken mingling with lemon and rosemary. Delicious!
These golden potatoes may not be the main dish, but they also tasted delicious when seasoned with salt and black pepper. It really got NaNak's approval. She couldn't stop eating it!
盐 1/2 茶匙，涂匀鸡只内部
5。 如果你是选择马铃薯为配料，将马铃薯去皮，一切四。 准备一个煲滚水，加入一点盐，然后加入马铃薯块和削皮后的柠檬，煮滚，继续煮10分钟。最后捞起马铃薯块，沥干水分，以一些盐和黑胡椒粉搅拌均匀待用。
7。 余热烤箱于190C，把鸡只放进烤架上，鸡胸向上，同时将做法（5）的马铃薯块也排放在烤架上，烘烤40-45 分钟。
8。 反转鸡只，继续烘烤35- 40 分钟或鸡皮呈金黄色。
11。 用剪刀剪掉鸡脚上的绳子，小心取出迷迭香和柠檬。 稍等10分钟，即可上桌享用。
Rub the seasoning mixture over the chicken (outside skin),
Stuff the rosemary stem inside the cavity then tuck cooked lemon at the opening area.
Place chicken breast side up and place cooked potatoes on the roasted rack
Recipe adapted from : Sonia
Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Chicken
*make 2 birds of chickens
2 birds of chickens (~2kg each)1tbsp – 1 1/2tbsp sea salt, for outside skin1tsp sea salt, for inside cavity2 lemons, grated zest10g fresh rosemary, choppedWhite pepperMethod
- Mix lemon zest, salt, chopped rosemary in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Rub the seasoning mixture over the chicken (outside skin), and rub salt inside the cavity.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours (I keep for overnight without cover in the fridge).
- Remove chicken from fridge and let it rest in room temperature for at least 30 mins so that it will cook evenly.
- If you are using potatoes, peel and cut the potatoes into quarters. Put them into a pot of water with a pinch of salt together with the whole lemon. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for about 10 minutes. Toss the potatoes with some salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
- Stuff the rosemary stem inside the cavity then tuck cooked lemon ( you can also pierce it with the tip of a sharp knife for better flavours) at the opening area. Then tie the legs and tuck the wings underneath the chicken.
- Place chicken breast side up and place cooked potatoes on the roasted rack, roast in a pre-heated oven at 190C for 45mins.
- Turn the chicken over and roast for a further 40 minutes or until the skin is browned.
- Increase oven temperature to 200C (fan forced), turn the chicken breast side up again and roast for another 20mins or until the chicken is done with nice golden brown and the potatoes are nice and golden.
- To test whether the chicken is done, pierce the tip of a knife near the joint between the drumstick and the thigh. The juices should run clear (not pink), if it is still pink, cook the chicken a little longer.
- Carefully remove the lemon and rosemary stem from the cavity. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not throw away the juice collected in the roasting pan, discard the fat and you can dip the roasted chicken with this yummy juice.
- In between, when turning the chicken over, I brushed it with a mixture of honey and butter.
It could have been due to the lemon and rosemary, but this roast chicken tastes fine despite being oily. It's all thanks to Sonia for developing such an awesome recipe.
After this post, I will be packing my bags and be off on a 10 day trip to Japan. Can't wait to share my stories on Japan with all of you! See you in three weeks.