It's been a long time since I made bread. Also, “38隐形人” suggested I give Teacher Carol's Small Chocolate Bun a go, so I thought, why not? It may have been made using the straight-dough method, yet the bread still has a soft texture made even more tastier with the rich chocolaty taste and crunchy pumpkin seeds.
食谱摘自: carol 老师（稍作更改）
6。8" x 8"方型烤盘铺上一层防沾烤紙,小面团间隔整齐放入烤盘中
Recipe adapted from Carol 老师 (with changes)
Yields 16 buns
Bread flour 290g
Cocoa powder 10g
Castor sugar 30g
Instant yeast 1/2tsp
Unsalted butter 30g
Decoration: Egg for surface brushing and some pumpkin seeds.
1. Put everything except the butter into the bread machine.
2. Knead into a dough, then add in the butter and knead until the dough is pliable. Proof for 60 minutes or until it doubles in size.
3. Punch down the dough, then divide it into 16 equal parts and roll them into balls. Cover with a clean cloth and rest for another 10 minutes.
4. Powder the dough surface so that it doesn't stick to your hands.
5. Flatten a ball into a circular shape, put 3-4 pieces of chocolate buttons in the middle and roll up the dough into a ball. Repeat for all the dough.
6. Lay a 8" x 8" square baking tin with baking paper. Arrange all the dough on the tin so that they are spaced out evenly.
7. Spray some water on the surface of the bread and slide the baking tin into the oven. Proof for 40 minutes.
8. Remove the tin from the oven and preheat the oven to 180°C.
9. Brush the surface of the dough with egg wash and decorate with pumpkin seeds.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
This post in joining Best Recipes for Everyone September Event : Chocolate Wonderland
Hosted by Xuan Hom’s Mum Kitchen Diary