Ironically, this "Milk Toast" does not have "milk" in its ingredients. Out of curiosity for this unusually named toast, I decided to give it a try. Probably due to the whipping cream, the toast had a delicious milky taste.
I made quite a few mistakes while making this toast. I'd impatiently added the water all at once, causing the dough to become too wet and thus affected the end result.
I didn't do a good job punching down the dough either, so the toast ended up very "holy"(holey). Haha!
食谱参考 : 快乐手做面包第123面
材料： Ingredients :
高粉 265克 Bread flour 265g
糖 27克 Castor sugar 27g
盐 5克 Salt 5g
奶油 16克 Butter 16g
淡奶油27克 whipping cream 27g
水151克 Water 151g
酵母 3克 Easy-bake yeast 3g
蛋黄13克 Egg yolk 13g
表面装饰表: 蛋液，奶油适量 Some egg,butter for surface decoration
4。 松弛后的面团， 擀开长型，再卷起，（如果有气泡就用牙签戳破）休息10分钟。
1. Mix all ingredients (except butter) into a dough using low speed, then use medium speed to knead it into a shiny and smooth texture.
2. Add in the butter and continue to knead until the dough is pliable (smooth, soft and elastic). Proceed to rest the dough for an hour.
3. Punch down the dough and rest for 15 minutes.
4. Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape, then roll it up swiss-roll style. Burst air bubbles with a tooth-pick. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten and roll up swiss-roll style again, then place the dough in a bread tin. Rest for 50 minutes.
6. When the dough has swelled to about 90%, brush it with egg-wash and then cut a slit down the middle of the dough, lengthwise. Pipe butter into the slit.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 - 35 minutes.
Either the amount of instant yeast added wasn't enough, or the quality of the instant yeast wasn't so good, the end result wasn't satisfying. (It was too short.)
Fortunately, despite its horrible appearance, the toast still turned out yummy, which was why I still decided to share this recipe with everyone. Hopefully, I can correct my mistakes and make a better toast next time.
I am submitting this post to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)