This Marble Egg Cake was all the rage some time ago, but to only make it now, I suppose I can be considered a little "late".
就为了满足这份好奇心，找来烘焙达人 - Ann家的食谱，
Curiosity was my main motivation to try out this cake, so I paid Ann's blog a visit, and got busy in the kitchen.
Some say this Marble Egg Cake is like a simpler version of the Ogura Cake because water is completely omitted from the recipe and the steam-bake method was skipped.
But personally, even though I agree that the steps were indeed easier, I still preferred the more moist and soft texture of the Ogura Cake.
食谱参考 ： anncoo journal
65克 自发面粉 （过筛）
- 将剩余面糊倒入模型里 （5x8村烤模或6寸方模，模低铺纸）再把可可面糊倒入，用筷子随意搅拌。
Marble Egg Cake
recipe adapted from : anncoo journal
3 Egg whites
65g Icing sugar
3 Egg yolks
1 Whole Egg
50g Corn oil
65g Self raising flour
5g Cocoa powder + 1 tbsp hot water
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks and whole egg together with a hand whisk. Add in corn oil till combined.
- Sieve in self raising flour and mix well, set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites to bubbly at medium speed and add icing sugar into it in 3 batches and whisk to stiff peak.
- Add one third of meringue to egg yolk mixture and fold well with a rubber spatula. Then pour all the egg mixture into the meringue at low speed and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 5 x 8 inch lined cake pan (or a 6 inch square cake pan), leaving 2 tablespoon of plain mixture and mix with the cocoa paste. Drizzle the cocoa mixture on top of the plain batter and use a skewer to draw lines or create your own pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 35 minutes.
- Overturn the cake immediately once cake is out of the oven. Leave to cool before cutting into slices.
***** Enjoy *****