I saw this lovely bun on Facebook one day.
It impressed me so much that I planned to bake it as a Mother's Day specialty.
Since it was only picture sharing, I created my own recipe by adapting from my previous sharing of Wreath Cheese Bun.
In conjunction with the current month's Little Thumbs up theme of Milk,
I substituted the water with milk,
The end result was a bun with a fantastic milky aroma!
巧克力花生酱花环面包(Wreath Chocolate Peanut Butter Bun)
可做1个直径21cm面包(yield 1 21 cm bread)
材料： Ingredients :
A 高粉300克 Bread flour300g
细砂糖30克 Sugar 30g
盐1/4茶匙 Salt 1/4 tsp
即溶酵母粉3克 Easy-bake yeast 3g
牛奶150克 Water 150g
B 无盐黄油25克。Unsalted Butter 25g
Some chocolate syrup + peanut butter
surface decoration : some eggs wash
1。 材料A 全部混合，先用慢速搅拌成团，再用中速搅成稍具光滑状。
1. Mix ingredients A into a dough using low speed, then use medium speed to knead it into a shiny and smooth texture.
2. Add in the unsalted butter, then knead it using medium speed until it forms dough that can be stretched into a thin, translucent membrane.
3. Proof the dough for about 60 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 4 equal balls, then allow to proof for another 15 minutes.
5. Flatten one of the dough into a round shape with diameter 23cm and thickness 1cm. Spread some filling on it. Place another flattened dough on it, spread the filling and repeat the steps until all the dough has been spread.
6. Place a bowl with diameter 21cm on the center of the dough. Use the scrap board to cut it into a neat round shape .
7. Place a small cup on the center of the dough, use the scrap board to cut it into 8 parts(the center remains uncut), then cut again in between to get a total of 16 parts
8. Pair up every two parts into a group(altogether 8 groups). Twist each part of a group twice, in opposite directions, then combine them at the base. (see picture for expected results)
9。 表面刷上一層蛋液，放入已預熱至170℃的烤箱內，烘烤約30 分鐘，至表面呈現金黃色即可。
9. Brush egg wash onto the bread. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 30 minutes or until it turns golden.
“我羡慕你们的孝顺机会，当然也羡慕你们的幸福拥有！”In fact, both my dearest Mum and mother-in-law had passed away 30 years ago. However, this meaningful month of May made me miss my mum even more. I would like to remind all of you to spend more time and pay more attention to your mum while you still have the chance. Indeed I envy you!