I promised a dear friend to post a Valentine's related post today, but unfortunately, the Valentine's cookie I made yesterday didn't turn out so well.
This morning, a buddy posted a Blueberry Sandwich Cookie greeting on her blog. I took one look and thought, why not?
食谱参考 ：Butter.Flour & Me, Eileen Dairy
发粉 3/4 茶匙
柠檬皮屑 1/2 茶匙
夹心馅 ： 莓酱（适量）
Blueberry Sandwich CookiesRecipe adapted from : Copycake Kitchen
90g Butter (at room temperature)
50g Brown sugar
125g Cake flour/low protein flour (sifted)
3/4 tsp Baking powder
15g Ground almond
1/2 tsp Lemon zest (I used one lemon)
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
2. Add in ground almond, cake flour & baking powder. Mix using low speed until the dough comes together in a mass.
3. Dump the dough onto your work surface and shape into a flat disk. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of baking paper, until about 3 mm thick. Cut half of the dough with a flower shaped cookie cutter (for bottom).
The other half of the dough, cut with the same flower shaped cookie cutter, then cut the center of each cookie with a smaller flower-shaped cutter (or any other shape).
5. Place cookies on a baking sheet.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15- 20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
7. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature.
8. Dust the cut out cookies with confectioners' sugar and spread blueberry jam on each cookie.
9. Sandwich your cookies together.
** These cookies are crispy, but once they are filled with the jam they start to soften. So if you want the cookies to stay crisp, fill them with the jam the day of serving.
The mouth-watering taste of lemon, the sweet and sour deliciousness of the blueberry filling, add to that the cutie heart shapes, this cookie just oozes Valentine's wishes! Happy Valentine's!
Thanks to my buddies for sharing such delicious and lovable cookies!
Wishing all a Happy Valentine's Day!
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan & Feb 2015 Event Theme: My Homemade Cookies organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom and co-hosted by Victoria Bakes
I am submitting this to the "Cook & Celebrate: CNY 2015" hosted by Yen of Eat your heart out, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Diana of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe.
Link to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House