Few days ago, my husband complained that I haven't been baking much lately. I therefore suggested a Lemon Chiffon Cake, to which he agreed enthusiastically. On that very day itself, he brought a few lemons home. How else could I delay?
A big thank you to Joceline for her reminder to cut down on lemon juice and sugar, since I wanted to make a less sour cake.
The end result is a cake that is soft and fluffy, moist yet light. The sweetness is just right, with a slight whiff of lemon, making it a healthy and delicious cake.
蛋黄 4个、盐 （少许）、细砂糖 20克、玉米油 50克、
柠檬皮屑 1茶匙、柠檬汁 30克、水40克、低筋面粉 80克、玉米粉 10克
蛋白 5个、细砂糖 75克
3） 蛋白稍微打发，分次加入细砂糖打至湿性发泡。 （过程大约2分钟）
Lemon Chiffon Cake
Recipe Adapted from Jessie - Cooking Moments with minor changes.
Makes a 20cm Chiffon Cake
4 Egg Yolks
20g Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
50g Corn Oil
30g Lemon Juice
Zest of 1 Lemon
80g Cake Flour(Low Gluten Flour), sifted
10g Corn Flour, sifted
5 Egg Whites
75g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 165C, fan-baked.
2. Mix cake flour and corn flour in a bowl.
3. Beat yolks, sugar and salt with a hand whisk until slightly pale. Add oil, lemon juice,water and lemon zest. Stir well on each addition.
4. Add flour mixture in 3 separate rounds. Use a spatula to mix until smooth and no lumps.
5. Beat egg whites until frothy. Add sugar in 3 separate rounds and beat until just under stiff peaks and glossy-looked. It is ready when you turn the bowl upside down, the egg whites should stay without falling.
6. Give a gentle stir to the egg yolk mixture. Fold 1/3 of egg whites into the yolk mixture. Then, pour it into the rest of the egg whites. Fold until just combined.
7. Pour into the chiffon pan, lift & drop the pan gently to remove air bubbles.
8. Bake at lower middle level for 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Thanks to Joceline and Jessie, I am just in time to participate in this month's Little Thumbs Up.
I’m submitting this to Little Thumbs Up – Lemon that is currently hosted by Grace of Life Can Be Simple and was originally organized by Zoe@Bake for Happy Kids & Mui Mui@My Little Favourite DIY.