食谱参考 ： Kitchen Chaos
Thai Style Mango Chicken
Recipe adapted from : Kitchen Chaos
4 chicken thighs, deboned and fat removed leaving skin on
2 tsps light soy sauce
2 tsps sesame oil
dash of white pepper powder
Batter (sifted together to mix well)
6 heaped tbsps all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten lightly
Oil for deep frying
Mango salad (mixed well together)
1 medium green mango, finely shredded
1 medium red onion, finely shredded
1/2 cucumber, finely shredded
2 birds eye chilies, finely chopped
Sweet chili sauce
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 tbsp finely chopped lemon grass
1 tbsp lemon juice
8 tbsps thai sweet chili sauce
1 tsp of cooking oil
1. Pat dry the cleaned chicken thighs with paper towels. Marinate them thoroughly with soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper powder. Leave refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
2. In a saucepan, heat up oil saute the minced garlic and shallot until fragrant, add in the chopped lemongrass and stir well. Stir in the lemon juice and the thai sweet chili sauce and mix everything well. Once heated up, remove from heat and reserve them for later use.
3. Heat up enough oil in the wok. Combine the frying batter in a deep dish, and prepare the beaten egg in a separate bowl next to the batter. Dip the marinated chicken thigh first in the egg, then transfer it to the batter coating evenly, shaking off excess flour.
4. Gently lower the the battered chicken into the hot oil, one at a time, and let fry undisturbed.
5. Once the chicken thighs have turned golden brown, remove them from the work and rest them on a cooling rack for 8-9 minutes. Return them into the hot oil, frying them the second time for a crispier crust. The second round of frying will only take about a minute or two.
6. Drain the oil, and again leave the chicken thighs to cool down on the rack (cutting them while they are hot from the wok will break the crust easily). When ready, slice the chicken into strips.
7. Drizzle the sweet chili sauce over the sliced chicken and scatter with the mango salad.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (November 2015 Event: Mango) organized by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen).